“In addition to helping with credit recovery, Lyon On-Line & Backbone Communications provide an excellent alternative for advanced students, homebound (medical) students, home school students, students with personal issues that prevent regular school attendance, and students who have been expelled. It’s something that can help us meet many challenges.”
Pete Chapin, Director of Curriculum and Accountability, Lyon County School District, NV
- Credit Accrual and Recovery
- Online Courses for Credit
- High School Equivalency Test Preparation
Types of Implementation
- Computer Lab
- Blended Learning
Design Credit Recovery, GED, HiSET & TASC Readiness programs to meet diverse student population needs in order to prepare students for graduation and success.
Some ideas to evaluate when developing a credit recovery option:
- Identify student characteristics and history to determine eligibility and best route for course completion
- Monitor progress closely to assure student success
- Consider ideal stopping points and assessment opportunities throughout the course
- Latest technology developments allow for school, class and student customization
- Equip teachers with instant student feedback and easy communication tools to students and parents
Credit recovery should engage the students while challenging them to achieve their true potential. Schools are finding an increased level of success when credit recovery programs are flexible, challenging and customizable.
High school equivalency exams are widely used in districts where out-of-school youth and adults are given the opportunity to demonstrate their high school-level proficiency and their readiness for higher education or the workplace. With the GED, HiSET (High School Equivalency Test by ETS Educational Testing Services, and TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion from CTB/McGraw Hill) are all being offered on paper and/or online starting in 2014, it is important for students to be ready, not only for the content tested, but also for the format of the online testing. With high school equivalency test preparation designed to mirror the exams, students can be prepared to meet their goals and find success.