“I think the students were shocked at how rigorous the program is. Whatever your academic expectations are in the classroom, your online program has to meet those.”
Julia Howelman, Director, Granada Hills Charter School, CA
Educational Area Focus
- K-12 Online Courseware
- Core Subjects
- World Languages
- Advanced Placement
Types of Implementation
- Online Classes
- Blended Learning
- Computer Lab Setting
- Laptop Cart
Offer 500 unique online courses from Pre-K through 12th Grade (including Electives, AP Courses & World Languages).
Online coursework includes the following features:
– All academic subject areas, including standard, honors, and AP courses
– World languages, credit recovery, and a large choice of career preparation electives are available
– Scope and sequence for every course to appropriate state and national standards, including CCSS integration
– Expertly designed lessons are highly interactive
– Illustrating and explaining the toughest concepts in ways no static page, print or web could ever match
– Teacher-led guidance and activities, whether online or onsite, round out the full experience
– Formative and summative online assessments that ensure student mastery of material
Here are a few examples of the ways that students are interactively involved in the curriculum:
– Students can click on the headset icon and listen to the text being presented.
– Students can engage in simulations including virtual labs and simulated dialogs with avatars.
– Students can participate in cloze activities which provide a structure to repeat and practice.
– Students can organize, categorize, match and memorize information and concepts utilizing memorable, interactive graphics.
– Students work to complete questions, self-assessments, study guides, and other assignments
– Students can easily communicate with the teacher of record.
– Students can access outside web content through links to Encyclopedia Britannica and other online resources.
Course content can easily be adapted to work with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), helping educators to meet the goals and needs of their exceptional students.
Online courses can be implemented as supplementary to classroom instruction or as a replacement. Online courses allow administrators the flexibility of offering a plethora of classes, many more than the school originally intended to offer. Upper level AP courses and world language courses to unique electives such as Law & Order, Gothic Literature, and Real World Parenting enable a school to aggressively attract students without needing to plan for an expected enrollment or additional staff support. Extensive ongoing training and professional development is provided to staff so that implementation of an online program is smooth and efficient. Adding an online education component will increase a school or district’s enrollment numbers, student engagement, and graduation rates.