The?Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy?(SRCL) formula grant is authorized by the Appropriations Act to provide $250 million under Section 1520 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act to develop a comprehensive literacy and education program to advance literacy skills for students from birth through grade twelve.
The Act reserves $10 million for formula grants to assist states in: 1) creating or maintaining a SRCL State Literacy Team with expertise in literacy development and education for children birth through grade twelve, and 2) developing a comprehensive literacy plan.
Recently the Department of Education awarded six states the Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy grant: Georgia, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Texas received monies totaling $180,500,000.
Striving Readers is a program that aims to[list style=”red-check-1″]
- Raise middle and high school students’ literacy levels in Title I-eligible schools with significant numbers of students reading below grade-levels.
- Build a strong, scientific research base for identifying and replicating strategies that improve adolescent literacy skills.
Right now is the perfect time to start looking for 2012 grant opportunities. Reading Horizons is committed to helping you locate grants to help you advance literacy skills through?screening and assessment, targeted interventions for students reading below grade level, and professional development training for your teachers.
Visit Reading Horizons to get your?Free Grant Resource Kit![font family=”Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif” size=”24″ color=”DE0202″ textshadow=”4″ alignment=”center” weight=”normal” style=”normal” lineheight=”110″]The technology version will qualify for the Striving Readers Grant.[/font] [list style=”Check1green”]
- The online or software version, through the research-based methodology, allows?emerging readers to quickly become proficient.
- The proprietary decoding process provides a working knowledge of letters to help students?easily break words into syllables. Many older students finish the program in less than 6 months.
- Reading?Horizons?is so confident in the value of this system, that we offer a?Two-year Money Back Guarantee?if you don?t see results.
- Reading?Horizons?also provides free technical assistance; plus their network products have no annual renewal fees.
- Reading?Horizons?provides?student placement?and?progress assessments, that ascertain the?reading?level for each student?and?customize the curriculum to suit individual needs.
- Additionally,?Reading?Horizons?meets the requirements of individual state?s Common Core standards.
- Critical Progress Assessments for Reading
- Which is the Better Investment: Higher Education or Early Education
- Timeless Principles for Teaching?Reading?to Beginning Readers