Reading Intervention Workshop
FREE for Teachers & Administrators
Wednesday, November 30th!
Up to 4 hours of Professional Development
This workshop uses Orton-Gillingham based principles to teach teachers and students how to build a foundation for successful reading. It is commonly known that 7 out of 10 students will learn to read no matter the reading program. This workshop is designed to help you reach the 30% of students who won’t learn to read and continue through school as struggling readers. You will learn to identify struggling readers and become a better reading coach and teacher no matter what your students’ grade level.?
You will learn strategies to improve state test scores, intervention strategies for students with Dyslexia and other Learning Disabilities, how to integrate Phonics into the everyday classroom, and come away with decoding skills used to systematically analyze and pronounce unknown words of any length.?
In addition, you will walk away with the following skills:?
- Grapheme-phoneme relationships used in the alphabetic code.
- Auditory discrimination and matching phonemes to their related graphemes.
- Sound blending and phonemic segmentation.
- Structural analysis used to identify word patterns.
- Diphthongs, digraphs , rules for Y/y, special vowel sounds.
- Decoding skills used to systematically analyze and pronounce unknown words of any length.
- Handling exceptions,
- Decoding and encoding strategies used in spelling and Much more!
CLICK HERE for a complete schedule and registration!
9:30 – 10:00am Check-In?
10:00 – 11:45am Reading Intervention Workshop?
11:45 – 12:30pm Lunch?(provided by Backbone)?
12:30 – 2:00pm Reading Intervention Workshop
Cooperative Educational Services?
4216 Balloon Park Rd NE?
Albuquerque, NM 87109?