Hear It From The Schools Series 2014
During this event you will have an opportunity to learn, share and network with other district and technology-focused personnel.
Every attendee will receive a hard copy version of Blended Programs Workbook: Personalized Learning In Your Classroom
Workbook only available as a participant at the Planning Workshop. This is the same workbook from the Blended Learning Leaders Forum that was held in San Francisco on March 10th & 11th with a keynote by Christiansen Center Fellow Tom Arnett.
View Workbook Preview.
Friday, May 2, 2014 @ 8:00 AM ? 3:00 PM Arizona Time
Riverside Elementary School District
1414 South 51st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85043
No Registration Fee & Lunch Included
- The Big Idea Behind Blended Learning -?View Workbook Preview.
- Combining online learning and brick and mortar schools with teachers where students can learn at their own pace so they can optimize their individual learning. ?Lindsay Smith, Blended Learning Consultant
- Stage 1:? Strategies & Instructional Models
- Stage 2:? Alignment
- Stage 3:? Planning
- Stage 4:? Implementation
- Stage 5: Tracking Performance
- Transitioning to the 21st Century – How to implement a Distance Education program from the ground up
- Outlines the needs that Mingus Union High School met by implanting a distance education program, the best practices used to effectively implement a distance education program within the parameters of the high school, and how we are continually building the program to better meet the needs of our students and staff.?Jason Teague, Mingus Unified School District
- Engage, Motivate and Inspire using Interactive Classroom Technology Tools
- Using interactive whiteboards to put your students at the center of the educational environment, to help them be more engaged, collaborative, and motivated.? Combined with differentiated instruction, created by assessing understanding in real time using student response systems, you can increase student achievement through teacher created or company designed curriculum.?Kathy Epperson,?Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District
- Using interactive whiteboards to engage special populations such as nonverbal students ?and students with Autism.??Dot Winter, Prescott Unified School District
- Credit Retrieval Program (CRP) – Providing a Program and Hope to Students Who Need to Graduate High School
- Hear how a small charter school in West Phoenix developed, implemented, and evaluated a credit retrieval program that provides computer based instruction to high school students who are behind in credits. Learn how the process occurred and examine some of the positive outcomes of the program.?Dave Parks, Premier Charter School
- Maximizing High School Credit Retrieval
- Utilizing proactive strategies that can help discourage students from dropping out of school by engaging them before they reach the tipping point where intervention may be too late.?James Butler, Marana Unified School District
- Formative Assessment & Galileo
- Discover what?s new and how these schools are using their classroom instruction system to leverage their clickers, interactive whiteboards, mobile devices and ExamView content together in one platform to encourage greater interaction between educators and students. ?Florence Unified School District, Glendale Elementary School District,?Arizona Charter Academy, Success School;?Billy Jack, Senior Engineer, eInstruction?
- How Bad Do You Want It?
- An unique perspective on how Coldwater Academy meets the needs of students who are struggling and develops alternative methods of learning and instruction.?Ian Gardner & James Lotts, Agua Fri Union High School District
- Steps and Strategies to Effectively Address Problem Behavior in the Classroom
- Participants will learn the 5 basic steps necessary to efficiently and?effectively address problem behavior in their classrooms. Tips and strategies for understanding why common behaviors occur in the classroom and how to help students decrease problem behaviors which interfere with learning will be shared. ?Abby Twyman, M.Ed., BCBA, LBA, Senior?Clinician,?Trumpet Behavioral Health
- A Blended Approach to Reading Instruction & Intervention for Grades K-12
- Discussion on Riverside Elementary School District’s recent Title I Blended Learning grant submission and Los Angeles USD & Clark County SD reading intervention implementations for struggling readers and English Language Learners for middle and high school students enrolled in over 200 schools.?Ruben Gutierrez, Assistant Superintendent, Riverside Elementary School District;?LaRae Kendrick, M.Ed., Reading Horizons Certified Trainer
- District Approach to Reading Instruction, Reading Intervention and Move On When Reading
- Riverside Elementary School District will discuss their approach to reading instruction for their preK-8th grade students including instruction, remediation & philosophy towards Move on When Reading. ?They will share their implementation plans for a new blended learning Reading Instruction and Intervention program designed specifically for students in grades K-3.?Ruben Gutierrez, Assistant Superintendent, Riverside Elementary School District;?Marcus Pina, Principal,?Riverside Traditional Grades K-4