Over 30 individuals conducted initial work on the plan Transforming Education: Enabling Learning for all Arizona Students and established a set of Guiding Principles to provide a framework for the revision process. The current draft is now ready for your comments (The deadline for feedback to be submitted is February 13th, 2009).
The plan outlines a vision for educational technology that includes:
- robust school environments that provide anytime/anywhere access to quality digital content, tools, and strategies to facilitate student learning.
- the use of developmentally appropriate current and emerging technologies to prepare Arizona?s future citizens with the skills necessary to continually grow personally and professionally in order to enrich their lives.
- authentic learning experiences that foster collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving that are personalized according to the needs of the learner.
The committee has made strategic recommendations for four interrelated components:
- Student Learning
- Preparation and Development of Educators
We encourage you to comment on any one or all four of these areas. The types of feedback we are looking for might include:
- What do you like?
- What don’t you like about the recommendations?
- What is missing?