“Backbone provides a turn-key virtual education program that boosts students’ achievement, serves the unique needs of students and families, and offers a new model for effective public education in the 21st century.”
Dr. Harold Vietti, Executive Director, eScholar Academy, CA
- Virtual School Administrators
- Forward-Thinking Administrators
- Curriculum Directors
Types of Implementation
- 100% Virtual School
- Blended Learning Environments
Begin a Virtual School Partnership for any grades (K-12) to allow students more flexibility in their education and generate additional revenue for the school and/or district.
When setting up a virtual school offering through a district or charter for the first time or when re-evaluating an existing program, there are common concerns that surface including the following:
• Students stare at a computer screen for their entire day
• Students who attend online schools lack the ability to make new friends
• Attending school online isn’t a full time effort
• Online schools are easier than brick and mortar institutions
These real concerns need to be carefully examined and ultimately dispelled before accepting registrations.
Providing a successful virtual education to students K-12 requires proper understanding of their academic and behavior backgrounds, interests and hobbies and other unique circumstances in order to qualify students for virtual education eligibility. Blended learning models can be adapted for students of all abilities, ages, and backgrounds.
Here are just a few of the many benefits to students and parents that Virtual Schools supported by Backbone Communications will see:
• A tuition-free education
• State-certified teachers, with a parent or other responsible adult in the role of ʺLearning Coachʺ
• Learning at home, while traveling, or anywhere the student has access to the internet
• Flexible pacing and an individualized learning plan
• A combination of online and offline coursework—including a wide array of materials, including recordings, textbooks, interactive software, and hands-on materials—as part of a comprehensive K–8 or high school program
• The excitement of joining a connected community of learners with varying interests, backgrounds, and strengths
• The ability to work year-round on course content
Combining dynamic curriculum, teaching and support, a strong community, and special services into powerful, effective schooling produces a world-class experience and prepares students for a globally competitive marketplace. Read more about offering a unique online course catalog HERE.